Welcome to Campus Sounds where we will help you learn how to play the piano with our online piano lessons. We have many teachers who have been featured on top music teaching facilities and point you to the right Wikipedia Pages that will show you exactly how the instrument works and what you need to be doing to maximize how well you learn to play. We will also be introducing specialized Coaches to help you to realize the range and power of your playing ability and advise on what the best type of composition is for you.
This is a bit different to the conventional approach where musicians are given pieces that are often wholly inappropriate to their natural abilities. Every musician needs a a lot of training, and we all need to hear ourselves from a recording so we can hear our music as others hear it. Piano is my life, but when I first heard the mess I was making of superb pieces – even the simple ones, I was appalled! That’s what training is for – to get you into your own style so naturally that you become innately sensitized to what’s great and what’s not as the instrument responds to your touch.
How To Sign Up For Our Piano Lessons
We are currently preparing this site, however if you are looking into mastering the piano, we are setting up a section of rhythms that will help you enormously when it comes to learning the best techniques for learning. There are many way to practice and specific techniques that help you master your playing style. There are also many different types of styles you can learn from, which we will cover in great detail on this site. We will be teaching:
- Blues – many modern styles are based on classic blues, and a great many blues songs are based on a simple chord progression, which is known as 12-bar blues.
- Rock – Elton John typifies this as well as blues
- Cocktail – This is an older style, reminiscent of Liberace – lots of spectacular flourishes!
- Boogie Woogie- This is another style based on the blues. This is often considered to be dance music, and doesn’t carry the sadness of traditional blues.
- Rhythm and Blues – This style is evident in blues, jazz, and gospel styles. The emphasis is very much on rhythm
- Ragtime – The first truly home-grown completely American piano style. It’s a very syncopated style and not so hard to play.
- Jazz – Tends to borrow styles and rhythm from many others making a new blended style. Requires a very fluid improvisational approach to sound authentic. I love this style because you really ‘feel’ the notes.
- Country and Western – Yes, this is a piano style too! It’s mainly rooted in older folk music though
- Gospel – I guess we’ve all heard the great gospel sounds at some time. Like so much modern music of great spirituality and feel, it derives from African American communities.
- Classical - last and certainly not least on my list! There’s huge variation here and true mastery is required to play many of the masterpieces.
So when will we be opening? We will be opening our training based services within a few months. There will be very few training websites out there that will provide this level of expertise when it comes to lessons because we are hiring the best teachers in the industry to help you learn how to play your favorite pieces. If you are interested, we are going to be opening a waiting list below and will be taking up to 200 people for our specialty training program. If you would like to get on this waiting list I encourage you to sign up below. Please note this will be first come, first serve training that will allow you to explode your playing skills.
Stay Tuned – we will be releasing a ton more info here in the next couple of months. Until then, enjoy the beautiful piece that’s playing and have a look at the lessons I’ve put up!
Piano Lessons online